Guide to Obtaining and Running a Shop in Entropia Universe

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Guides and Help' started by INTERNUT, Dec 13, 2021.

1. [​IMG]
    Guide to Obtaining and Running a Shop in Entropia Universe

Introduction

Shops and other similar points of sale, play a vital role in the economy of Entropia Universe. This short guide explains in simple terms how to acquire and run a shop or similar premises.

How the Shop System Works

Estate Deed
    In order to access and use a shop or similar point of sale in Entropia Universe, you must first acquire the Estate Deed. Estate deeds can be obtained from the auction system or by conducting private trade with another participant (participant-to participant trading). If by private trade, ensure that you have the deed before completing the transaction. All transactions are final once made! The deed will now be in your Personal Inventory (PI) in the section where your PED card is held.
    You will have to check the deed to find relevant information about it, for example, the location of the estate that it represents. Upon finding the shop / shop stall / shop booth, look for the Estate Terminal and click on the 'Claim' pad on the front of the terminal. You will then become the owner with full access rights.

Maintenance Fees
    On Planet Calypso shops do not require a maintenance fee at the time of publishing, however this may not be the case for other planets. If applicable, the fee will vary depending on location and the fee amount will be shown on the Estate Terminal.

Landowner Fees
    An additional landowner fee may also have to be paid upon selling an item, for instance if your shop is located on the ground floor of an apartment block or in one of the shopping malls. The sale price will be inclusive of the landowner fee.

Stocking Your Shop with Items for Sale

You can display items you wish to sell on floor space, shelves, walls and so on. Actual display options available will depend on the type of retail unit; shop, shop stall, shop booth, etc. Various props can be used to further assist with the displaying of items, such as tables, benches, chairs, seats, display boards for walls and many others. If you also wish to sell the props, you must first sell items that are on them or have them removed (Pick Up via right-clicking and transferring to PI).
    To actually display items, drag them from your Personal Inventory and place them where required in the usual way

Making Your Items Available for Sale
    Simply placing items does not make them available for sale. You now have to right-click on items and select 'Set Item Price' from the menu, then simply set the sale price. The item/s will now be available for retail to visitors of your point of sale. Visitors will be able to right-click and select 'Item Info' to view all details of the item/s, such as condition and TT value.

Shopkeeper Pads

You can have a Shopkeeper Pad (more than one...) in your shop/shop booth or within the boundaries of your Shop Stall or even in your apartment/home (if it has enough item points). These are participant-sized mannequins on short pedestals that can be acquired through the auction system, via private trade, or by looting them from various creatures. You transfer them from your inventory to where ever you want in or near your point of sale, and then right-click on the pad and select 'operate' from the menu to activate it. You can then assign to them different items from your inventory and make them available for sale to potential buyers, and or dress them in armour or clothing (that's also available for sale).

Mannequins
    You can also have mannequin units in your shop/shop booth or near to your shop stall. They look identical to shopkeeper pads, but you can only use them for displaying clothing/armour/items. You cannot sell items through them. These are also obtained through the auction system, via private trade, or by looting them from various creatures. They can be dressed in the same way as shopkeeper pads.

Acquiring Items for Sale
    There are various ways of acquiring items for sale. Buying them from the auction system, via private trade, items that you have looted from creatures or other players, items that you have obtained via mining (ores and enmatters), collected fruits and stones, and items that you have crafted or refined (using manufacturing terminals, refiners).

Some Examples of Shops etc in Entropia Universe

Full Shop
    [​IMG]
    Shop Booth
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shop Stall
    [​IMG]
    Shopkeeper Pad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mannequin units
    [​IMG]
    Estate Deed
    [​IMG]

Shopping Areas throughout Entropia Universe

Note: Not all shopping locations maybe listed.
    Errors and omissions may occur.

Planet Calypso

Dear Mall (Amethera continent)
    Emerald Lakes Shopping Mall (Amethera continent)
    Genesis Amethera Headquarters complex
    Medusa complex (Eudoria continent)
    Omegaton West Habitat complex (Amethera continent)
    Port Atlantis Shopping Mall (Eudoria continent)
    Sakura City complex (Amethera continent)
    Treasure Island City complex (Amethera continent)
    Twin Peaks Shopping Mall (Eudoria continent)
    Crystal Palace Space Station
    Foma Asteroid resort

Monria
    Cthulhu Tower
    Cthylla Tower
    Monria Hub

Rocktropia
    Camp Crunk
    City of Dreams
    Hell complex
    Isle of Souls
    Secret Island
    Tangerine residential area

Planet Arkadia

Arkadia Underground
    Celeste Harbour
    Celeste Island
    Celeste North
    Celeste Quarry
    Celeste South
    Sanctuary Cove
    Victorious Firebase

Next Island
    Serpentine Village

Planet Cyrene
    New Janus Island

Planet Toulan
    Nahar Towers
    WangXiang Pet Stable

End of Guide to Obtaining and Running a Shop in Entropia Universe

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Second to last pic it shows mannequin pads wearing clothing/armour rather than shopkeeper pads. If you need a row of shopkeepers your welcome to visit my Morningtear Castle Shop which is west of camp Echidna tp.

3. Yep, very true - can't believe I didn't notice the obvious error LOL. I've edited the guide accordingly. BTW - I was near twin peaks mall when I last went in game, so went in there instead.

4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Nice work :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Hello I said I'd proof read so here goes:

In order, I'm including the sentence with my proposed revision after, putting a divider between each suggested change. Comments/questions in itallics.

---
    You now have to check the deed that will have certain information, such as the location of the estate.

This just seemed a little off. Maybe something like: You will have to check the deed to find relevant information about it, for example, the location of the estate that it represents.

---

You can have a Shopkeeper Pad (more than one ...) in your shop/shop booth or within the boundaries of your Shop Stall.

You can have a Shopkeeper Pad (or several) in your shop/shop booth, within the boundaries of your Shop Stall, or even in your apartment/home.

---

You can then assign to them different items from your inventory and make them available for sale to potential buyers, and or dress them in armour or clothing (that's also available for sale).

You can then assign to them different items from your inventory and make them available for sale to potential buyers, and or dress them in armour or clothing (which can also be made available for sale). To dress them... [can you add something about dressing them?]

[is my suggestion, "can be also" actually true? Sorry I'm clueless about shops too]

---
    You cannot sell items through them. These are also obtained through the auction system, via private trade, or by looting them from various creatures.

You cannot sell items through them. These are also obtained through the auction system, via private trade, or by looting them from various creatures. They can be dressed in the same way as shopkeeper pads.

assuming my dressing bit is true
    ----

Worth saying something about the body appearance of the manekins or shopkeeper pads? Can you decide on sex/appearance etc? (aside from clothes) Sorry I'm clueless like I said.

-----

Buying them from the auction system, via private trade, items that you have looted from creatures, items that you have obtained via mining (ores and enmatters) and items that you have crafted or refined (using manufacturing terminals, refiners).

Buying them from the auction system, via private trade, items that you have looted from creatures or other players, items that you have obtained via mining (ores and enmatters), collected fruits and stones, and items that you have crafted or refined (using manufacturing terminals, refiners).

----

Hope those suggestions are OK

Wisty

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Thanks! :) I don't have a shop or similar myself so had to do a lot of fact-finding over many days, but I wanted to do it anyway as a challenge...

7. Right, many thanks for doing the proof reading! :) I did all those changes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Very nice guide nut, well done!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Thank you :) Looks like a pocket detectonator you're holding - Hehe ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.